Resources on Grief and Healing
When a loved one dies, you may experience feelings of shock, disbelief, anger, guilt and depression. The ability to make it through the death of a loved one can be challenging, and caring for yourself is vital at this time.
Kirby & Family maintains a library of grief management materials at both of our offices, and we have donated duplicates of these materials to our public libraries, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, bank trust departments, and human services offices for your use at no charge. Some titles included in our libraries at our Mountain Home and Bull Shoals facilities:
- A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
- A Grief Unveiled - One Father's Journey Through the Death of a Child by Gregory Floyd
- A Little Book for Preachers by James Miller
- A Little Book of Comfort by Ruth C. Ikerman
- A Teachers Guide to the Grieving Student
- The Bereaved Parent by Harriet Sarnoff Schiff
- Comforting Those Who Grieve by Doug Manning
- Continuing Care Series:
- o The Grieving Reaction by Doug Manning
- o Grief Is A Family Affair by Doug Manning (3 copies)
- o Permission To Grieve by Doug Manning (3 copies)
- Creating Meaningful Funeral Experiences - A Guide For Caregivers by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph,D.
- Creating Meaningful Funeral Ceremonies - A Guide For Caregivers by Alan Wolfelt
- Dear Parents - Letters to Bereaved Parents A Centering Corporation Resource (2 copies)
- Death and Grief: A Guide for Clergy by Alan Wolfelt
- Death and the Life After by Billy Graham (2 copies)
- Don't Take My Grief Away From Me by Doug Manning
- The Empty Chair by Zonnebelt-Smeenge & DeVries
- Empty Cradle, Broken Heart by Deborah L. Davis, Ph,D.
- The Funeral by Doug Manning
- The Gift of Significance - Walking with People Through a Loss by Doug Manning
- The Grief Recovery Handbook by John James and Frank Cherry
- Grief - What It Is & What We Can Do About It by E.P. Vining
- Grieving the Loss of a Loved One by Kathe Hinnenberg
- Goodbye My Child by Sara Rich Wheeler & Margaret M. Pike
- Healing A Father’s Grief by William H. Schatz
- Healing Grief by Victor M. Parachin
- Healing A Spouse’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas After Your Husband Or Wife Dies by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- Healing the Adult Child’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas After Your Parent Dies by Alan Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- Healing Your Grieving Heart - Journal For Teens by Alan D. & Megan E. Wolfelt
- Healing Your Traumatized Heart: 100 Practical Ideas After Someone You Love Dies Of A Sudden Violent Death by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- Helping Teens Work Through Grief by Mary Kelly Perschy
- How to Survive the Loss of a Loved One by Melba Colgrove
- Jason’s Pictures
- Journey’s End Characteristics Of The Dying Process
- Journey’s Companion Characteristics Of The Grieving Process
- Lament for a Son by Nicholas Walterstorff
- Life Beyond Loss by Kenneth J. Doka, Ph.D.
- Living With Death and Dying by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- Living With Grief After Sudden Loss (Suicide, Homicide, Accident, Heart Attack or Stoke) by Kenneth J. Doka - Hospice Founder of America
- Living When a Loved One Has Died by Earl Grollman
- Minister's Funeral Manual by Samuel Ward Hutton
- No Time For Goodbyes by Janice Harris Lord
- On Death & Dying: What the Dying Have To Teach Doctors, Nurses, Clergy & Their Families by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- Questions and Answers on Death and Dying by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- Suicide by Earl Grollman
- Suicide Of A Child by Joy & Marvin Johnson & Adina Wrobleski
- Suicide Of A Child by Adina Wrobleski
- Talking About Death by Earl A. Grollman
- This Thing Called Grief by Thomas M. Ellis (2 copies)
- Transcending Loss - Understanding the Lifelong Impact of Grief and How to Make it Meaningful by Ashley Davis Prend
- The Warming Winter by Maxine Dowd Jensen
- What Is Cremation? by Jessie Flynn (For Children)
- When A Baby Dies by Rana K. Limbo and Sara Rich WheeIer
- When A Friend Dies by Marilyn Gool
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold Kushner
- When Love Gets Tough - The Nursing Home Decision by Doug Manning
- When Men Grieve by Elizabeth Levang
- When There Are No Words - Finding Your Way To Cope With Loss And Grief by Charlie Walton
- When Your Loved One Is Dying by Earl A. Grollman
- Widowed by Dr. Joyce Brothers
- Who Lives Happily Ever After? by Sharon Turnbull
- Your Aging Parent by Maxine Dawd Jensen
"Expressions Of Grief (Teen Grief)"
"Grief In America"
"Grief in The Workplace"
"Saying Goodbye" (for and by teens)
"Talking About Death With Children"
"Understanding Grief: Kids Helping Kids"
- "A Safe Place to Be" by Doug Manning
- "Drying Their Tears" - a program for children who are grieving by Doug Manning
- "Exploring Alzheimer's Disease" 2 tapes by Doug Manning
- "Grief in the Workplace" by Doug Manning
- Quiet Touch Series:
- o "The Gift of Comfort"
- o "The Gift of Listening"
- o "Caring for the Caregiver"
- o "The Gift of Understanding"
- "Caring for Elderly Loved Ones" seminar by Doug Manning
- "What Bereaved Children Want Adults to Know About Grief" by Alan Wolfelt
Kirby & Family Funeral & Cremation Services
600 Hospital Drive