Veterans Gardens I & II
"It is a privilege for Kirby & Family to assist a veteran's family."
- Elton Kirby, U.S. Army Sgt. 1966-68
Kirby’s Tucker Memorial Cemetery has always reserved a Veterans Garden providing the honors due veterans for serving our nation. In addition, we opened a second cemetery section for veterans and their families in the fall of 2004. At Kirby & Family, there is a difference. Founded here, we have offered special services to veterans since 1976
Visit Veterans Gardens I & II
Our Veterans Gardens are located in the peaceful, countryside setting of Kirby’s Tucker Memorial Cemetery, away from noise and traffic, four miles southwest of Mountain Home.
- In memory of her husband Alfred Pedersen, a WWII veteran,Gretchen S. Pedersen provided funding for sculptor Ron Moore to create a bronze veteran statue similar to the one on the Mountain Home Square. The Veterans Statue was dedicated November 11th 2008 in a special ceremony attended by hundreds.
- Additional new, 30-foot flagpole, flying the United States flag daily - dedicated fall 2004
- Located near the Four Seasons Courtyard Mausoleum - the largest mausoleum complex in northern Arkansas
- Tribute paid to veterans by Arkansas Attorney General Mike Beebe on Nov. 7, 2004
- Offering peaceful, countryside setting with space for veterans and their families for many years in the future
Kirby’s Veterans Program
Savings up to $2,000 on prepaid funeral plans
Military funeral honors arranged by Kirby & Family with local veterans service organizations
Military grave markers - In coordination with the U.S. Veterans Administration
United States flag - In coordination with the U.S. Veterans Administration
Presidential Memorial Certificate - In coordination with the U.S. Veterans Administration
Please call Jason Kirby, Bill Wiles, Keith Byrd, Heather Marsalis, Elton Kirby or Mary Kirby (870) 425-6978 for further information on Kirby's Veterans Program or any of our services.
Kirby & Family Funeral & Cremation Services
600 Hospital Drive